Samantha Anderl is the Co-founder of Interimly. Interimly provides GTM services, demand gen, and marketing operations for growth companies like VC backed startups. Before starting Interimly, Samantha held several roles at Campaign Monitor, including Head of Marketing (Self Service), Director of Acquisition Channels, and Head of Organic Demand Generation. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in growth marketing and was gracious enough to share some of it with me in our interview.
We discussed the following topics:
- What inspired the creation of Interimly
- How to transition from a corporate job to starting your own business
- How business partnerships are like marriages and why you shouldn’t rush into them
- Samantha’s favorite digital marketing approach
- What marketing channels a new business should focus on the most
- How to build a marketing foundation for scale
- Making sense of what’s going in the ESP space with Campaign Monitor and MailChimp
- The two most common marketing mistakes that VCs and startups make
I hope you enjoy the interview!